Mobile and Web Application Designer
Remote - Province of Quebec
As a mobile and web application designer at Mirego, you are driven by a unique opportunity to change the world and enhance the lives of those who will be using your applications. You look beyond the ordinary, being aware that the difference between the good and the exceptional can be hairsplitting. You never cease to be amazed by the depth and diversity of the mobile and web applications that you get to work on.
Every day, you work directly on products that make a real difference in people’s lives in a variety of ways:
Democratize healthy eating via the Oh she Glows app.
Fuel the passion of hockey fans via the Montréal Canadiens appInform and entertain via the TV5Unis apps.
Plan and simplify snowmobile outings via BRP’s BRP GO! app.
Rethink grocery shopping via the Sobeys/IGA apps.
Provide 24/7 access to a doctor via the Olive telemedicine app.
Facilitate the search and discovery of wines and spirits via the SAQ app.
Simplify a tiling project via the Schluter app.
Build the pharmacy of tomorrow via the Familiprix ecosystem.
- Meet with clients at project start, gathering all necessary information to launch a successful design process.
- Create the design-specific deliverables, aligning with the project objectives and constraints: sketches, schematic models, prototypes, high-fidelity models, animations, etc.
- Present and explain your work to clients and colleagues, sharing in simple terms the rationale for your design decisions.
- Work with our product managers (PMs) in defining the products we create for our clients.
- Collaborate with our developers in building the web and mobile applications we provide to clients.
- Manage how your time is allocated to different projects and communicate your availability to the rest of the team.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Contagious enthusiasm for design.
- Relevant experience in digital product design.
- Boldness to innovate and delight.
- Passion for web and mobile applications.
- Commitment to building high-quality products and services.
- Autonomy and proactivity.
- Strong interest in collaborative work.
- Knowledge in using or ease of learning OS X design tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe Suite, Zeplin).
- Going beyond static models, getting involved in other design aspects for which you have an interest: sound, animation, user research and testing, etc.
- Eagerness to play with design concepts and innovate.
- Excellent oral and written skills in French and English.
- We recommend that you join your portfolio to your application.